Monday, July 20, 2015

Madame Butterscotch

Madam Butterscotch: A Penny Dreadful Review

            As I perused the Aethernet one fine evening, I stumbled across a webcomic containing such intrigue that I was afraid it might in fact be confidential. Fortunately, no one has come to kill me for daring to read it, so I thought I’d give it a review. I present to you Madam Butterscotch, written and drawn by the talented Lisa Cummins.
            The subject of this tale of intrigue. Espionage, and assassination is an assassin who favors a genteel mode of dress and behavior. A Steampunk ninja, if you will. She is the titular Madam Butterscotch.
            Several years ago, Madam Butterscotch left the illicit employer Collaboration Of Organized Killing, or C.O.O.K. This deadly organization is populated by operatives with fanciful and delicious names like Madame Crumble and Master Cranachan. Now, they have found their lost lamb Madame Butterscotch, and they need her back. Madame Butterscotch, meanwhile, is trying to live a normal life as Tilda Llwellyn, the owner of a vintage tea room. Her daughter has no idea about her mother’s violent past.
My favorite part of this comic is the way Madam Butterscotch names her guns after tea. She has a shotgun called Earl Grey. I love this woman. I look forward to seeing this character develop.
This is a relatively new comic, and it roundly deserves your support. I award it three gears out of five. Do give Madam Butterscotch a try! It can be found at http://madambutterscotch.smackjeeves.com/


Your Correspondent From The Aethernet,


Penny J. Merriweather

No comments:

Post a Comment